WHAT BETTER THAN KIEVITS KROON
Selecting the right venue is critical and, according to event professionals on LinkedIn, these
are the most important points to keep in mind when choosing a venue for your event:
1. Accessibility – The venue needs to be conveniently located and easily accessible.
2. Space requirements – This can include items like room capacities, loading in and out
of supplies, and technical abilities (like electrical and audio visual etc).
3. Availability – This goes almost without saying, but it’s a very good rule of thumb to
have a few dates and time options on your plan (or at least be a little bit flexible with
day/time of the event).
4. Customer service – The venue needs to be responsive and mindful of your needs
prior to the event, and have enough support staff on site during your event to respond
to the needs and requests of you, your staff and your attendees.
5. Appropriateness for the event – You need to know exactly the goals of your clientele
so you can match up a venue with their exact specifications
6. Exclusive use - What other groups are going to be using the venue at the same time
as you? If you are planning a conference with speakers, you don’t want a loud wedding
reception ruining your event.
7. Security – This includes not only a venue’s security personnel but also points like
security doors and limiting venue access to only guests/attendees.
8. Parking – On-site or nearby parking options for your guests are very important as is
the cost of parking for your guests.
9. Accessibility for people with disabilities – This can include ramps, elevators and
other amenities for guests with physical disabilities.
10. Nearby amenities and entertainment – Ensure that the venue has entertainment
options in-house or that these can be supplied on the property.
11. Vendor restrictions – Some venues have a list of vendors that they work with
exclusively and outside vendors may not be allowed, or there may be certain restrictions.
12. Budget – The cost of hiring out the venue must fit within your proposed budget
Call today: 0860 543 8487